IGNORED

Pay It Forward

Update: I got a call from Fox this afternoon.  They've received my fork and are rebuilding it tomorrow.   Should be on my doorstep  Wed. of next week,  instead of a month or more.   It turns out that a lot of people signed up for an RA (Request Authorization) number but weren't able to mail the fork/shock in because of stringent stay-at-home requirements in many areas, so they are way ahead of schedule. 

Many thanks for offers of assistance; no need to mess around with the commuter bike at the moment, but I'm trying to sort out compatibility issues around hubs, drive trains, skewers and thru axles.  

However, it's in the future and I'll transition any questions over to the Tech/Maintenance thread.  

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 1

@Cafeend, It's a Deco Labs sound bar + subwoofer that can do optical or bluetooth input.  I got it with my TV even though I didn't want it.  I used it for a week or two then packed it back up in January.  It is far from the best but you're welcome to it.

I also have an Onkyo A/V unit.  It's old but it's got a nice and heavy transformer and sounds good.  I loved it but we're going the "tv on the wall no furniture" kind of setup.

Someone please take the recumbent bike.  After this weekend I'm going to put it on the curb with a free sign.

56 minutes ago, June Bug said:

Conversation pit with shag carpeting. Shag carpeting pulls the conversation pit together. 

I’m a big fan of the 70’s architecture and decor, but can’t do this in a ranch style from the 80’s. I meant no A/V cabinet.  I should know better than to not be more specific 🙂

Please tell me you are using something like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Flat-Panel-TV-Surge-Protected-Power-Relocation-Organizer-Kit-EC-IWS2/310827961

Every time I go to somebody's house and I see the cable routing on the wall it drives me nuts. There is almost always empty space behind the drywall (even with insulation) to properly mount all of the cables inside the wall. It's quick and easy and looks 1000% better.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, June Bug said:

Conversation pit with shag carpeting. Shag carpeting pulls the conversation pit together. 

I love the term "conversation pit". It sounds like a really lame torture technique. "We have ways of make you talk. Throw them in the CONVERSATION PIT!!!"

2 hours ago, notyal said:

I love the term "conversation pit". It sounds like a really lame torture technique. "We have ways of make you talk. Throw them in the CONVERSATION PIT!!!"

Well yes.   what are the chances that people got stuck in the conversation pit with a boring/obnoxious person with no easy escape?

"The Death of the Pit" (Time Magazine, Feb 22, 1963) was quoted in this Curbed.com article Conversation pits make a comeback (Seeking social spaces in a tech heavy world), March 23, 2017, which has a great pic of the classic 1960s - 1970s conversation pit. 

Here's the torture aspect: 

"At cocktail parties, late-staying guests tended to fall in. Those in the pit found themselves bombarded with bits of hors d'oeuvres from up above, looked out on a field of trouser cuffs, ankles and shoes. Ladies shied away from the edges, fearing up-skirt exposure. Bars or fencing of sorts had to be constructed to keep dogs and children from daily concussions."

Deep narrator voice: Conversation pits never made a comeback

Edited by June Bug
  • Haha 1

On 4/18/2020 at 6:55 AM, AustinBike said:

Please tell me you are using something like this:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Flat-Panel-TV-Surge-Protected-Power-Relocation-Organizer-Kit-EC-IWS2/310827961

Every time I go to somebody's house and I see the cable routing on the wall it drives me nuts. There is almost always empty space behind the drywall (even with insulation) to properly mount all of the cables inside the wall. It's quick and easy and looks 1000% better.

I have everything I need to bury the cables and even relocate the previously buried surround speaker cables.  The Apple TV is mounted on the back of the tv and the remote has a charging cradle also on the back of the tv.  The Xbox has a wall mount and will go behind the tv as well.

i have a mantle mount and the original plan was to mount this onto the chimney rock but I hadn’t realize it’s a stacked stone fireplace (I.e. not veneer with studs behind it).  There is enough thickness (5”) of stone but I did not feel comfortable with most anchor systems on the white limestone for a 90lbs combined weight and moving tv.  The only option as I saw it was over drill and epoxy anchors in but that would have ruined the stone if we were to sell the place.

Sadly, all our plans (Including any riding) were put on hold as my mother in law passed away very unexpectedly on Wednesday afternoon while mowing her property.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

Sorry to hear about your MIL Antonio. Dying while mowing the grass is how my Dad wants to go. Just put him on his little tractor and point him into the sun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all.  This is pretty much how she wanted to go too.  It was just too soon at 70 for us.

She was an avid gardener, sporting clay shooter, quilter, knitter, and as of late was making masks to give away.  She was an awesome lady.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Thanks all.  This is pretty much how she wanted to go too.  It was just too soon at 70 for us.

She was an avid gardener, sporting clay shooter, quilter, knitter, and as of late was making masks to give away.  She was an awesome lady.

I'm sorry to hear about her passing @AntonioGG she sounded like a great lady (and grandmother).

-CJB

• Like 1

On 4/19/2020 at 7:47 PM, AntonioGG said:

Heartbreaking.  Sounds like she was a vibrant amazing woman. Condolences. 

• Like 1