IGNORED

What's one thing you carry in your pack that not everyone carries, but maybe they should?

notyal

9 hours ago, cramsay3 said:

I carry a "Tool Roll" by https://www.etsy.com/shop/EHWORKS 

.. and angst.  

I use a Camelbak roll:

https://www.amazon.com/CamelBak-Bike-Organizer-Lemon-Green/dp/B00OBVOGOK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1536665782&sr=8-2&keywords=camelbak+tool+roll

This keeps all of my lesser used tools together in one place. I have a small Crank Brothers multitool that I leave in the outer pocket of my Camelbak for quick access. This pack is also small enough to fit easily in a jersey pocket for cool days when I am not wearing a pack. 

Speaking of tool rolls, the built-in one on the Ospery Raptor hydration pack is well integrated. It is stored in its own zippered pocket in the bottom of the pack to keep the weight low.  It unrolls to present your stash and has an apron that can be used to put small parts on while making repairs. Lots more unique and useful features on this well thought out pack hailing from Cortez, Colorado.

Speaking of tool rolls, the built-in one on the Ospery Raptor hydration pack is well integrated. It is stored in its own zippered pocket in the bottom of the pack to keep the weight low.  It unrolls to present your stash and has an apron that can be used to put small parts on while making repairs. Lots more unique and useful features on this well thought out pack hailing from Cortez, Colorado.

Yep. Amazing the number of innovative design changes to all hydration packs after a real backpack company got into the market. Magnet clips for hoses, pockets in the waist straps, wide flat shoulder straps, chest strap. All on their first try. Now “borrowed” by the big guys.

Good thing about the tool roll is you can easily take it out for trail use AND it’s easy to keep all the small tools together when I unload bike stuff for hiking or washing the pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Speaking of money, I carry a few dollars. Helpful in the past when I needed to bum a tube or something like that and I wanted to send the person home with some refreshment funds. 

I usually have my wallet on me since I don't like leaving it in the car with all the cars that get broken into at trailheads. But I also have some cash in my pack in case I don't have my wallet for some reason.  Usually this only gets used on really long rides if I stop at a convenience store to buy more water and/or other liquid refreshments. 

..Al

2 hours ago, Albert said:

I usually have my wallet on me since I don't like leaving it in the car with all the cars that get broken into at trailheads. But I also have some cash in my pack in case I don't have my wallet for some reason.  Usually this only gets used on really long rides if I stop at a convenience store to buy more water and/or other liquid refreshments. 

..Al

I always have my wallet for ID/ Medical Card, Etc. I just rarely carry cash. Unless somebody wants me to Venmo/PayPal me on the trail then I like having some cash stashed in my gear.