IGNORED

Welcome! Please read!

Albert

Welcome to the Austin Mountain Biking forum!  

Since this is a new forum, we don't have everything polished just yet.  The goal was to get this forum online quickly so Austin area mountain bikers would have a place to discuss one of the best sports/hobbies/obsessions in the world!  

Some notes on this first iteration of the forum:

• We've created a base set of forums, but we can easily add additional forums as required, and change existing forums if need be.  
  • The appearance of the forum will probably change a fair bit as we have time to adjust the theme.  If you have any Austin mountain biking photos that would work well in the header at the top of the page, please send them to us!  The forum allows users to select from several different header images, and we'd love to have some great photos we can use up there.  We plan on making a nice logo for the forum as well, a proper favicon, and so forth. 
  • We can install multiple themes for the forum.  For instance, take a look at the themes at IPS Focus.  If you see one you like, please let us know!  I plan on installing a dark theme, as I know many people prefer that to light themes (and they are also good for reading at night in the dark).  If you want to help pay for a new theme, even better!  🙂
  • I will be tweaking quite a bit over the next several weeks, so please don't be surprised when you see changes.  
  • If you see any weirdness with the forum (something not obviously working right), please let us know!  You can use the contact form to send us a note, or you can post a message in the the Site Feedback forum.

If you have any feedback and/or suggestions, please post them in the Site Feedback forum. 

Have fun! 

..Al

• Like 1

Just now, 4fun said:

Thanks for the new forum guys! How long will it take to get the brushy creek thread to 300+ pages? 

I just took a look, the existing thread on MoJo is 614 (!) pages and was started on September 19, 2011.  There are 20 posts per page, so that's over 12,000 posts!

38 minutes ago, csmceuen said:

Thanks for setting this up. It already looks nicer than Mojo and seams to have more functionality/organization. Also +1 for the dark theme!

Yes, there's quite a bit in this forum compared to the version of vBulletin running on MoJo.  I haven't played around with it all yet, nor have I really explored some of the great third-party applications and plugins that have been developed.  There are also Blog and Gallery modules that I haven't installed yet (the Gallery module in particular would be ideal for a bike forum).  

I'll work on getting a dark theme installed today, just need to look at what's available and buy one of them. 

..Al

1 minute ago, cramsay3 said:

You rock. Suggestion: The "like" buttons must include icons with more irony! It just doesn't feel right clicking on the "heart" button in this mountain biking forum.

I agree, I don't like the heart button either, I'm certainly going to change that one at a minimum. 

..Al

• Like 2