IGNORED

Brushy Creek

4fun

About to head out to PP. I managed to score a cheap beat up SS trail/jumper a couple of days ago and I want to see how it fairs. Im sure Ill be runnin slow, but it should be fun! Cant ride too hard because its pretty much brakeless [emoji28]
Take that bad boy to Snail

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

On 4/16/2020 at 7:20 PM, throet said:

My route the last few days has been YMCA, Snail, Rim, and DD out-and-back, trying to avoid the BCRT as much as possible. This evening I actually came across quite a few riders on DD. 

That's my usual path too YMCA, Snail, Rim, DD, etc, but does anyone else also include the dock at the YMCA? Try it.PastedGraphic-1.png.e1b5eaca9b3c8b3ac3d3cbf0f38881d3.png

11 minutes ago, Haught Diggity said:

That's my usual path too YMCA, Snail, Rim, DD, etc, but does anyone else also include the dock at the YMCA? Try it.PastedGraphic-1.png.e1b5eaca9b3c8b3ac3d3cbf0f38881d3.png

I often end my rides with a climb back up to Snail and do sometimes loop around the lake as indicted in your map, avoiding the archery range of course when there is activity going on there. 

3 hours ago, YayMateo said:

About to head out to PP. I managed to score a cheap beat up SS trail/jumper a couple of days ago and I want to see how it fairs. Im sure Ill be runnin slow, but it should be fun! Cant ride too hard because its pretty much brakeless 😅

Should be good haha. I’ve taken my gravel bike out there, and with the exception of a couple spots, it faired pretty well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

If a One Wheel can survive PP anything on 2 wheels can

Yea it was no issue. A little rough with the loose spokes, crappy tires and shot fork, but still fun and whips the turns like nothing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Barry said:

Yes, exactly that. If you go a bit wide to the left, you get routed into going the wrong way. 

Yeah, a buddy of mine did that just today as he didn't know the trail. Lots of people out today.  Ran into quite a few on PP and Picnic. 

Any idea what time the gates are shut now?  No big deal there are places to park at night that dont require gates being involved. 
I rode , I think,   Saturday night , but nervous I'd get locked in 
Park under 183 a. No gates. Or at Dodge Cattle either in cul de sac (sorry Green) or at the western trail head of Deception on Staked Plains . Or just park in the parking lot of 7-11 if you just wanna ride PP and worried about curfew on gates

Rant, Rode Ankle Biter 3x today (as well as nearby trails) . Ankle Biter was flush with the with families and not your typical trail crowd walking dogs and asking where the waterfall is. Lots of bags of poop trails side and 2 logs removed from accros the trail. I put both back on the first  lap and did it again on the 3rd lap after Karen must have thought her anemic rat of a dog couldn't surmount the 6" tree. Also noticed random hatchet marks on larger trees. Ankle Biter used to be my favorite out of the way trail now it seems like the masses are branching off the BCRT. 

20200420_175440.jpg

20200420_105931.jpg

20200420_105952.jpg

Edited by RedRider3141

Park under 183 a. No gates. Or at Dodge Cattle either in cul de sac (sorry Green) or at the western trail head of Deception on Staked Plains . Or just park in the parking lot of 7-11 if you just wanna ride PP and worried about curfew on gates

Or Green Mt's driveway. Sure he wont mind. Thanks I was more curious really.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Rant, Rode Ankle Biter 3x today (as well as nearby trails) . Ankle Biter was flush with the with families and not your typical trail crowd walking dogs and asking where the waterfall is. Lots of bags of poop trails side and 2 logs removed from accros the trail. I put both back on the first  lap and did it again on the 3rd lap after Karen must have thought her anemic rat of a dog couldn't surmount the 6" tree. Also noticed random hatchet marks on larger trees. Ankle Biter used to be my favorite out of the way trail now it seems like the masses are branching off the BCRT. 

20200420_175440.jpg

20200420_105931.jpg

20200420_105952.jpg

Where is Ankle Biter? Don't see it on this map. 

https://caltopo.com/m/BR36

48 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

20200420_175440.jpg

20200420_105931.jpg

20200420_105952.jpg

I ride that route out to brushy every day, and yea, its getting annoying with people moving the logs. Saw a lot of traffic out there today. 

Where is Ankle Biter? Don't see it on this map. 

https://caltopo.com/m/BR36

It's given name is Gumdrop. Back when we were going with a Candyland or boardgame theme. We had much more planned. But never done due to things and stuff. People on strava called it ankle bitter. For what reason I have no knowledge. So that trail is known widely as either those 2 names.

Yea I know lol. I thought you were waving me to move the shit out of my driveway. Surprised you were riding at that time. You come across a lot of people? 

I have found that dusk through dark has increasingly less people. The crowds disappear at sundown and the trails are empty so I've been trying to ride at that time lately. BC is a different beast at nite.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3