Jump to content
IGNORED

Pay It Forward


Recommended Posts

Leaking Magura MT7 brake and some parts.  Put these Maguras on a bike a couple of years back and this one leaked shortly after. Several trips to the bike shop that put it on and still leaked. Finally bought a used one and replaced it.  No longer have the bike so if you can fix a leaky brake or want the the parts, let me know. Porch pickup by Lake Pflugerville. 

2BFC7FF9-54E8-4AD0-B5F4-3B0D05107029.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/28/2023 at 4:07 PM, Arbydubya said:

Leaking Magura MT7 brake and some parts.  Put these Maguras on a bike a couple of years back and this one leaked shortly after. Several trips to the bike shop that put it on and still leaked. Finally bought a used one and replaced it.  No longer have the bike so if you can fix a leaky brake or want the the parts, let me know. Porch pickup by Lake Pflugerville. 

2BFC7FF9-54E8-4AD0-B5F4-3B0D05107029.jpeg

I have some squeaking Magura pads and 180mm rotors that resisted all manner of cleaning, heating, and sanding if you want to round out that set of brakes. 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 7/31/2023 at 12:08 PM, John said:

Fresh cardboard bike boxes need a new home. One is sized for a road bike (about 8" wide), the other for a full-squish MTB (about 9.5" wide). Holler if you want 'em. I'm in NW Austin 78726.

c'mon, somebody take these boxes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2023 at 3:35 PM, schoolie said:

Old (mid 2000s?) Fox Fork parts. Pretty sure there's enough here to put together a nice 26" 32mm stanchion fork. Kid's bike maybe? Located in NW Cedar Park.

PXL_20230902_203246295.jpg

Yo! If you still have this, I think I'll take it! I've been looking for an old fox for my younger son's bike. I lowered one to 60mm for my oldest and it works perfectly for him.

shoot me a PM, or just text me @ five1too-six2six-six5sixfor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2023 at 9:22 PM, Teamsloan said:

Yo! If you still have this, I think I'll take it! I've been looking for an old fox for my younger son's bike. I lowered one to 60mm for my oldest and it works perfectly for him.

shoot me a PM, or just text me @ five1too-six2six-six5sixfor

You find a Fork?  Not a Fox but...

 

I have this  Rock Shox Reba

100 MM travel, model = RLT/26"

Serial No = 31T20018087

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I was given an e bike, which I tried to regift to my mom but she never rode it. So now I am looking for a large 26 or 27.5" frame and ideally a fork that I can move these parts to. Nothing fancy, burly is best. Plan is to attach my bob trailer and use it to haul trail building stuff. So if you have an old frame hanging out in the attic, send it my way.

 

Or Nolte - are there ever fat tire frames at yellow bike?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/30/2023 at 2:49 PM, Mattlikesbikes said:

Or Nolte - are there ever fat tire frames at yellow bike?

How fat? 26x4" true fat bike-fat?I don't think it happens often, but there are at least two trailers STUFFED with donated bikes. I haven't looked in there for a while to find out. It would be worth visiting. They always seems swamped and probably won't be able to help you over the phone.

Edited by mack_turtle
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mack_turtle said:

How fat? 26x4" true fat bike-fat?I don't think it happens often, but there are at least two trailers STUFFED with donated bikes. I haven't looked in there for a while to find out. It would be worth visiting. They always seems swamped and probably won't be able to help you over the phone.

Doesn't need to be true fat, just looking to avoid the 90's frames that max out at 2.2. Ideal would be 2.5-2.8". I'll go check on it tomorrow. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 9:22 PM, Teamsloan said:

Yo! If you still have this, I think I'll take it! I've been looking for an old fox for my younger son's bike. I lowered one to 60mm for my oldest and it works perfectly for him.

shoot me a PM, or just text me @ five1too-six2six-six5sixfor

Did you happen to get all of the Fox fork parts?  I recently picked up an F100RLT, but when taking it apart I found that one stanction is worn out from a bad bushing.  I am working on replacing the bushing in the lower, but I could use a new upper section if you had an extra one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm experimenting with flat bar gravel again. Anyone have a flat 31.8mm clamp bar in the 680-700mm range? I checked Yellow Bike and they have a handful of really nice wide bars that I would not feel good about chopping down, and the rest are itty bitty bars that have already been chopped down to useless width by hipsters (says the guy trying to convert a drop-bar bike to a flat bar!).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

I'm experimenting with flat bar gravel again. Anyone have a flat 31.8mm clamp bar in the 680-700mm range? I checked Yellow Bike and they have a handful of really nice wide bars that I would not feel good about chopping down, and the rest are itty bitty bars that have already been chopped down to useless width by hipsters (says the guy trying to convert a drop-bar bike to a flat bar!).

I have a Kona 31.8mm 730mm that was cut down to ~27" (roughly 685).

If you want to try that you are welcome, I will not need it until I sell the Kona and that will be at least a year.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Free books:

Joe Freil MTB training Bible- circa 2000

Joe Freil Cycling past 50 - circa 1998

NW Austin porch pickup, or I make it down south pretty frequently.

Bike rack - gone

20" wide bike box - the wheel boxes in the picture are gone. Will likely break box down for recycling soon.

 

20240210_145150.jpg

 

20240210_145204.jpg

 

20240210_150755.jpg

Edited by GFisher
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...