IGNORED

Some may find this of interest.

zrx24

This lead me to do some searches, and I ran into this:

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2017-06-30/looking-back-on-the-champions-tract-rezoning/

And this:

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2018-10-26/camelback-pud-ambles-forward/

So does that mean the senior living facility will not be built anymore?  I can't find the stories in between that last one in October and what's posted above.

Comments made at the meeting when the above land exhibit was presented indicated that the remaining corner parcel was to be developed as a senior living facility.  So it sounds like what was described in that second article went through.

Edited by zrx24

17 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

Shit, now where am I suppose to dump all my Poly Chlorinated Biphenyl's?

and your old appliances!  (I live close to where Old Lampasas Trail dead ends into the BCP, where old appliances go to die, and teens go smoke their bongs)

• Like 1

The GCW frowns upon the development of this tract.  

The COA needs to perform a study on how grinding down a hill side and constructing a large structure affects GCW population and habitat.

We need answers.

Birds are using the property as has been determined by the studies performed referenced in the above articles.  They are there even after the development of the other adjacent land (neiborhood, apt’s, etc).  They may be disturbed a bit during construction of the site along 2222, but likely no more disturbed than all the other daily activities in the area.  

Studies are revealing that the GCW is not as disturbed by human activities as has long been believed.  Good luck getting the powers that be to recognize that.  As long as they have the habitat they desire, they are happy, breeding birds.......with or without protective fencing around that habitat.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zrx24 said:

Birds are using the property as has been determined by the studies performed referenced in the above articles.  They are there even after the development of the other adjacent land (neiborhood, apt’s, etc).  They may be disturbed a bit during construction of the site along 2222, but likely no more disturbed than all the other daily activities in the area.  

Studies are revealing that the GCW is not as disturbed by human activities as has long been believed.  Good luck getting the powers that be to recognize that.  As long as they have the habit they desire, they are happy, breeding birds.......with or without protective fencing around that habitat.

you dont identify sarcasm well, do you? haha

12 hours ago, zrx24 said:

One of these days maybe it will be realized by the powers that be, that birds don’t have a problem with hikers and bikers.

what they really need to realize is that if they bring in user groups we will actually help them to get more land under management. Kicking off everyone means they will struggle to add more land.

3 minutes ago, crazyt said:

what they really need to realize is that if they bring in user groups we will actually help them to get more land under management. Kicking off everyone means they will struggle to add more land.

At this meeting yesterday there were very educated and resourceful user groups (cavers in this case) that spoke about their displeasure in being left out of the process.  As usual there was the normal response of "we try to reach out to everyone."  But in this case the user groups were VERY well known and connected, so it was very hard to believe that "the powers that be" did not make a conscious effort to leave them out of the planning discussions.

14 hours ago, zrx24 said:

At this meeting yesterday there were very educated and resourceful user groups (cavers in this case) that spoke about their displeasure in being left out of the process.  As usual there was the normal response of "we try to reach out to everyone."  But in this case the user groups were VERY well known and connected, so it was very hard to believe that "the powers that be" did not make a conscious effort to leave them out of the planning discussions.

Especially when the person working on this IS part of the cavers group.

I rode in the 4C area yesterday.  I paid very close attention to things that were noisier than my 240S hub, in no particular order:

1. 911 GT2 RS with aftermarket exhaust (unmistakable sound)
  2. Mustang with aftermarket exhaust or cutout
  3. Sport bike with aftermarket exhaust or cutout
  4. Heavy transport truck's tires
  5. Jackhammer from nearby construction (super loud)
  6. Harley Davidson with aftermarket exhaust

I ran into another rider out there, we were not aware of each other until we were 10 yards apart, meanwhile all through that valley the sounds of those loud vehicles and construction noise are abundant. 

I also live close to Old Spicewood Springs and Old Lampasas Trail, and I can hear all the people with their obviously illegal exhaust testing out their cars on Old Spicewood Springs.  You can hear those loud vehicles even miles away.

40 minutes ago, CBaron said:

IMHO the argument is not so much about the noise, but about the intrusion into the tree canopy.  I.e. riders cause the widening of the trail (canopy) and thus impair the birds ability to reproduce and nest.

-CJB

Take a look at Google Maps aerial view of the Barton Creek greenbelt and ID for me where all the trails are.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zrx24 said:

Take a look at Google Maps aerial view of the Barton Creek greenbelt and ID for me where all the trails are.

Hey, I get it!  But if you've gone to enough of these BCP meetings you end up keying in on their objection points.  But I tell you this, if the Ft Hood 'simulated warfare operations study' didn't change their toon, nothing will.

-CJB

Edited by CBaron
  • Like 1