IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

5 hours ago, AustinBike said:

1. Lots of riders in their 50's and even 60's. Clearly there is an "experience factor" at play, but probably also those are people who can afford to be away for a few weeks.

There's also a "I've got something to prove" factor.  I remember my dad saying he'd run a marathon before 50 (he never did, he will turn 80 in July).  Now I've got this "urge" to run a 50k before 50.

11 hours ago, June Bug said:

I've been to Bisbee many, many years ago.  Still recall it as a charming place to visit. 

Youre in the minority as most people we've mentioned it to have never heard of it. Best part is Bisbee hasn't changed much.  Been there a few times and never gets old. 

NBR, but another cool stop along the way

IMG_20210603_174036153.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, bestbike85 said:

My wellness day today was focused on picking up the new salsa timberjack SS and putting my touches on it. 

Who is carrying Salsa these days now that BSS has closed?   Maybe The Peddler? Give us a ride review. Lots of folks are liking the Timberjack. 

14 hours ago, June Bug said:

Who is carrying Salsa these days now that BSS has closed?   Maybe The Peddler? Give us a ride review. Lots of folks are liking the Timberjack. 

I got this bike at pedal in Littleton Colorado (moved here last summer, but moving back to Austin in a few weeks). 

I have bought 2 salsa journeyman’s from AJ at peddler before though, so I know he’s carrying them or was last year. 

Anyway, just finished my first shakedown ride. This thing is a blast. It’s got a big reach, but the 35mm rise bars help with that, and salsa left a ton on the steerer tube to run lots of spacers to increase the stack, which makes for an incredibly comfortable ride. 

I read a few reviews about this frame being stiff, maybe too stiff, and I have to disagree. I sold a Diamondback carbon Sync’r before buying this, and that Sync'r was way more stiff and fatiguing than this, and the Sync’r was running 45mm internal wheels while this is only 40mm, and the bikes had the exact same tires and I’m running the same pressure (18r/15f). 

My chainstay is about 423-424 to get the tension right and it makes for a great rear end. When things get fast I actually like a little instability. Makes for a more playful experience. 

Overall I’m super happy with the bike and how it turned out. I haven’t ridden a SS in about 5 years since I was living in Houston, so this is pretty challenging for me with these big ups here in the Ken Caryl area, but I think this will be a blast in central Texas with the quick punchy ups and downs. Looking forward to being back in Texas in a few weeks with this thing. 

E19671-C3-DB4-B-44-D1-B27-B-97-FE9-D4-D3

E5-E9-CA33-32-B6-40-D9-BA06-F40-C8-F7-E2

E7639650-F5-A1-45-DA-BC9-C-877-FC5-D3090

• Like 4

On 6/19/2021 at 6:59 PM, June Bug said:

Who is carrying Salsa these days now that BSS has closed?   Maybe The Peddler?

My previous bike was a Salsa Horsethief that I bought from The Peddler. I think most shops could probably get a Salsa since they are distributed by QBP and I suspect almost every shop has an account with QBP. They may not actively sell or promote them, but they could probably get one if they were inclined.

1 hour ago, hurronnicane said:

Shaffer Bend yesterday.  Not a great mountain bike destination for the riding.  But, the wildflowers were great and there were a metric shit-ton of birds.  

B333A56E-D945-4C2A-B1DE-AB64CD1C1858.jpeg

Wasn't familiar with this park.  Looks interesting.

Nope rope yesterday. Took awhile to chase off the trail. Hognose. Boy did he make a lot of noise and object to being pushed out of the way.
PXL_20210623_005413561.thumb.jpg.3dd3441e985e2408006595e1a12ab9e0.jpg
I like hognose snakes, been a year or two since I have seen one. Seems like most of the snakes I see are coral snakes lately.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

• Like 1