IGNORED

Central Texas Pump Tracks?

jscottyk

7 hours ago, circuitbreaker said:

What's a Theckla?  i goggled it. not aware of anything in this area. i will drive by just to confirm.

There is nothing here. No pump track, no park. just a bit of empty lot behind dart bowl.

i did a 'suggest an edit' on the google page to remove.

Edited by circuitbreaker
  • Like 1

I read something about one in Cedar Park.
Are there BMX tracks in San Antonio and Phgffulgerville?

fdb495f031f9f34457eb72465cbf324e.jpg
1688ee1b23865c785f66309605d3a5d0.jpg
Had time to kill this a.m. while kid was at dentist and took doggies for a walk at Milburn Park. They sure have upgraded the track since the last time I was there 5-6 years ago! All the ramps are concrete and the wall is 8’ at least. Was pretty soggy so didn’t get off the trail to look closer at the full track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Chongo Loco said:

fdb495f031f9f34457eb72465cbf324e.jpg
1688ee1b23865c785f66309605d3a5d0.jpg
Had time to kill this a.m. while kid was at dentist and took doggies for a walk at Milburn Park. They sure have upgraded the track since the last time I was there 5-6 years ago! All the ramps are concrete and the wall is 8’ at least. Was pretty soggy so didn’t get off the trail to look closer at the full track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That looks awesome!

51 minutes ago, chuckt said:

I wish I could jump, that is just around the corner from me.
Seen too many Friday Fail videos to give it a serious try.

+1

Also, the Milburn park pump/jump track, never hit those concrete faces without first looking at the other side.  I also used to ride this sparingly before the concrete was added and one time, I had a big moment when I hit the jump, and hadn't noticed the backside had a huge rut that wasn't there the previous time. 

The rest of it is fun but doesn't necessarily flow great for a beginner.  Also, if anyone has a spare broom, it would be useful to have one there.  Last time I wanted to do some sweeping but there was no broom in sight.

Pflugerville has a BMX track, not really too small kid friendly. Took my kids out for a begginer clinic and none made it past the first straight away without tears of fear. Was talking with the operator and they recently spent 5 million revamping it so they could host UCI world cups. I hope they do well, but when I was kid the 5-8 year old age range were the biggest classes and I don't know how a track makes enough money without having those classes full.

AE893DD0-03CA-4693-9E5F-0505E817F437.png

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tree Magnet said:

That looks awesome.  I wonder how they keep water from pooling in the bottom?  I don't see any drains.

Pervi concrete, I assume. This article mentions that the park was built by Evergreen Skateparks. I don't see any mention of the concrete style on their website, but they do mention drainage below the park. They could mention it in their blog someplace--maybe I'll dig though to see if my hunch is correct. Lot of very cool looking parks on their website. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 9:19 AM, mtb_jeremy said:

Have any of you visited the skatepark in Taylor (Pierce Park)?  They don't seem to mind bikes, but not sure how busy it is.  

Taylor.jpg

Wife and I drove out to Taylor a while ago to visit Texas Beer Co. and see Taylor in general and happened upon that skatepark. the atmosphere seemed chill with skaters and bikes sharing it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I rode by Milburn park yesterday, and it looks like they'll be doing a massive extension of the pumptrack.  Lots of flagged trail on the open area. Looks like all the kids/adults with an RC buggy/truck were out enjoying the jumps.

I rode Milburn last Tuesday with my 10 YO son.  That place is fun and has a ton of potential!  My son & another kid found a random scrap plywood and drug it over to the seesaw to cover up some missing planks.  They were proud that got the thing to work.

I wish there were more rollers to pump and flow on.

Is the one at McAllister park worth  a trip to SA just for that?

Edited by Shanerpvt
Spelling

The pump track at McAllister park is really nice.  Went last week on Wednesday and only two other guys there at 11AM.  People at the track were super cool.  It was Spring Break, but still likely busier after work hours.  

There are the other trails at McAllister to explore, and a site or too in San Antonio.  

mac.jpg