The large Ash tree in my front yard came down today.  I was amazed at the range of cost estimates for removal.  It may be partly due to demand, but I got the feeling the older, more established names generally charge higher prices.  One did offer to price match competitors, but I figure that is a move of too little too late.  I went with one that was half the price of that high dollar one and it included stump grinding.  

Now will spend the summer figuring out what I want to replace it with in the fall.  Definitely something with a longer lifespan than 40 years.

Probably not freeze related but I had one of those Bradford Pear trash trees fall on a house last week. Damage to the house, removal, stump grinding (giggity), and new tree are all adding up.  I was kind of hoping it was the next owners problem 😞 

They (Bradford Pears) all will at some point, just a matter of when.

1 hour ago, taco_junkie said:

Bradford Pear trash trees fall

We had it thinned up a lot trying to keep weight off for as long as possible. Drive through the neighborhood after a storm and you'll see some Bradford's knocked down. It's just about that time since all this was built.

I'm really diggin' the new look on the Sago Palm, and amazed at how much growth has literally just sprung up out of the ground in a matter of weeks. 

image.thumb.png.470ade84924bbc241ff541dae4f1f907.png

• Like 2

I finally had to give up on my little sago palm. Still no sprouts as of last week and it was taken over by ants. It gets hauled away in the compost bin roday.

• Sad 3