IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

4 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Nice! I also gotta give you credit for all that climbing with Assegais F&R😲

Came on the bike, which I purchased unexpectedly a couple months back during the big Ibis 25% off sale. Prior to that, I was (in Colorado) riding my 12 year old Stumpy which was a size too small. I guess it never occurred to me to switch the tires out - they've been fine so far. Been enjoying the bike immensely!

Edited by TAF
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TAF said:

Came on the bike, which I purchased unexpectedly a couple months back during the big Ibis 25% off sale. Prior to that, I was (in Colorado) riding my 12 year old Stumpy which was a size too small. I guess it never occurred to me to switch the tires out - they've been fine so far. Been enjoying the bike immensely!

Nice and congrats!

They're great tires but hate rolling and weigh a ton LOL.

29x2.5 DD assegai that I just pulled off my trailbike.

IMG_20230818_183301001.jpg

Put the trailbike on a diet and lost a pound by removing the DD assegai and DHF EXO+ combo i was running. Made a trip to the sale rack and found a Rekon for the rear and DHR2 up front. Both EXO only. 

Should make the cloudcroft climbs a little easier.

IMG_20230820_100550935_HDR.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Switzerland?  

Indeed, rented a bike and  rode for a day of fantastic train / tram / gondola lift assist with fantastic views of Matterhorn (and a bunch of other mountains).  Not represented in the photos, but there was a pretty crazy cowbell serenade on one trail.

• Like 5

The mesa you're viewing is the north facing escarpment of the Mesa Verde cuesta.  This section is the Ute Mountain Tribal Park, further east is Mesa Verde National Park.  Foreground is a trail at Hawkins Preserve, right outside my  door.  Bike is set up for zipping about town, to go to the library, grocery store, farmer's market and other errancs.  Also ready for bikepacking and riding around at Hawkins Preserve. 

IMG_20230822_143432835_HDR.jpg

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 9

On 8/22/2023 at 4:46 PM, AustinBike said:

Shuttled up to 10,000 feet, then rode my 36T hardtail up to the highest point at 11,000 feet. The down was way more fun.

I climbed to the shuttle drop-off and decided not to go the extra 100 feet to the top. Did I miss out?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Barry said:

I climbed to the shuttle drop-off and decided not to go the extra 100 feet to the top. Did I miss out?

Yeah, there ain't no air up there. Even riding down the trail from the shuttle drop off has a couple of short climbs that nearly did me in.

Then, I came up on some locals where the trail comes back out by the road. They told me, "nobody local rides that section you were on, we just roll down the road to start here."

I sat next to these guys on the bus talking bikes all the way up and they didn't mention this. Always fun to watch the tourists suffer I suppose. 😁

For extreme suffering, after most of the downhill is behind you, take La Piedra trail to connect into the Dale Ball trail system. If you time it just right you can reach the peak of the hike-a-bike-forever switchbacks just as the thunder and lightning starts. It is a thrilling added bonus for visitors. 😲

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Barry said:

There is an extra 1000 feet, not 100. I did not do a good job of locating the trail I was looking for. In retrospect I was on it, so I may go back.

Did Winsor over to Dale Ball. Took Juan across.