IGNORED

Best Craig's List Ads

JRA

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2018 at 7:30 AM, Cafeend said:

Curious Question

How come there are so many CL ads where the pictures of various bikes are always in front of the same white brick wall , sitting on rocks ?

I assume it is from a shop that sells used bikes?

So I met this guy this week selling one of his bikes. Doesn't seem sketch, he has a day job and finds bikes in pawnshops, CL, etc. put a little TLC and resells them.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedRider3141 said:

So I met this guy this week selling one of his bikes. Doesn't seem sketch, he has a day job and finds bikes in pawnshops, CL, etc. put a little TLC and resells them.  

Rarely I have heard of anything involving pawn shops that doesn't seem sketch but maybe this is the exception.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RedRider3141 said:

I've purchased from him too (if its same guy).  I bought a 24" wheeled MTB for my son about 5 yrs ago.

-CJB

peugeot

On 3/11/2019 at 4:04 PM, Tree Magnet said:

Rarely I have heard of anything involving pawn shops that doesn't seem sketch but maybe this is the exception.

They also tend to be really proud of their bikes these days, thanks to the internet. Kudos to that guy for making it work these days, pawn shops just don't often have flippable deals like they did 30+ years ago.

Edited by gotdurt

2 hours ago, CBaron said:

I've purchased from him too (if its same guy).  I bought a 24" wheeled MTB for my son about 5 yrs ago.

-CJB

In South Austin?  If yes, then I've also bought from him. I think most of those bikes are from garage & estate sales, people give them away often if they can't sell them.

• Like 1

There was an awesome follow up video from his guy where he was in Europe and ran across a street performer challenging people to ride the 'backwards bike' for a noticeable sum of cash.  This guy steps up and easily rides the bike, winning all the money and subsequently pissing off the guy who owned the bike.  It was classic gold.  But I can't seem to locate that video.

• 2 weeks later...