IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

Took this photo at the Tea Party on Rabbit Hole at RHR. From here you can view the herd of pink flamingos on Fofenique across the pond.

A highly decorated spot to hang out in the shade and catch your breath before a steep ascent.

Humidity was only 2500%

TeaPartyLR.jpg.e8abbbb2634f4886f1329710afe7f7c4.jpg

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1

Coiled and ready to strike. Went with a CC DB Inline, purported to be the lightest coil shock on the market. Paired it up with a progressive 450-550 spring. Now I just need to find a destination far away in the cool mountain air; so I can spend a few days getting crazy without dying from heat stroke. 

image.thumb.png.97d638571c7205a708dfb70330af870b.png

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, June Bug said:

That's a Paul Uhl decorative platter hanging on the tree trunk on the left! 

Paul is completely responsible for the overall inferior decorating performed here at the Tea Party site (as well as the Flamingos on Fofenique). Kudos to Paul for his artistic prowess in making this site so visually vibrant. (he also scrounged the rocking chair and crafted the 'bicycle wheel with cans' hanging sculpture in the background of that photo)

The "Tea Party" sign was my contribution.

Edited by Ridenfool
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, throet said:

Coiled and ready to strike. Went with a CC DB Inline, purported to be the lightest coil shock on the market. Paired it up with a progressive 450-550 spring. Now I just need to find a destination far away in the cool mountain air; so I can spend a few days getting crazy without dying from heat stroke. 

image.thumb.png.97d638571c7205a708dfb70330af870b.png

Come on up. We have room

In EP. House is approx 4200ft elevation so up by quite a bit😝

In all seriousness, we can hit Cloudcroft NM. Its 1.5 hrs and is easily 20degrees cooler than anything in the desert right now.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/10/2023 at 4:00 PM, ATXZJ said:

In EP. House is approx 4200ft elevation so up by quite a bit😝

In all seriousness, we can hit Cloudcroft NM. Its 1.5 hrs and is easily 20degrees cooler than anything in the desert right now.

Have you done much riding in Cloudcroft since the move? I went a couple of years ago but ended up not taking the bike as I didn’t want to leave it on the rack at Carlsbad Caverns for a couple of hours unattended. Probably heading there again later this summer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Charlie193 said:

Have you done much riding in Cloudcroft since the move? I went a couple of years ago but ended up not taking the bike as I didn’t want to leave it on the rack at Carlsbad Caverns for a couple of hours unattended. Probably heading there again later this summer.

Nothing serious. Planning a full trip in August to there and Ruidoso. Will post it up in the reports when i do,

Side note: 

Bikepacking.com posted up the WeedSac 140 route -- a loop in the Sacramento Mountains with a start/finish in Cloudcroft. 

FRIENDS IN COW-PIE PLACES: FIELD NOTES FROM THE WEEDSAC 140     

Any part of it could be a day ride and the detailed elevation profile can help you avoid this:  Encompassing 140 miles and 14,000 feet of climbing through the Lincoln National Forest, it’s a collection of their favorite canyon descents strung together by long climbs to get to the top of the next slide. This includes a 27-mile continuous ascent midway through and a leg near the end that rises more than 2,000 feet in just 7 miles

Prior to seeing this loop, I'd thought about setting up a shuttle (maybe to La Luz Canyon?) at a higher point,  riding, camping and finishing in High Rolls, mostly downhill. 

I checked the Cloudcroft 10-day weather report and it does look like a monsoon pattern is in play.