IGNORED

No coronavirus outside

crazyt

This is more or less what I use for reference.  It doesn't mean I will not read a deep investigative article by some online page like Vox of Buzzfeed but I do not take it as fact necessarily.  I have not watched any nightly, local, or 24hr news in probably 10 years or more because I think they're all crap.  I lean left (maybe 15 years ago I might have been considered a centrist?) but I will not look at those left and lower side sources.  And even the ones more in the middle, can worry me with how they affect their perception when they editorialize (there is a problem with a lot of people differentiating news with editorials).  @mack_turtle put it best when he said to read, consider the source(s) and think for yourself.  I also don't think looking at lower far left and far right will give you a sense of balance.  It's like if you're target shooting and you're a little bit off...you're not going to all of a sudden aim way high and way low and average them out to get the bullseye.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-biased-is-your-news-source-you-probably-wont-agree-with-this-chart-2018-02-28

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Sluggo said:

June Bug is all about fake news. Check yourself. 

1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

3wo41q.thumb.jpg.77e16adcd2518491c569469c53a86e33.jpg

The CoronRAvirus has finally hit the mainstream threads ... and will drive viewers away until it has the place to itself.

9 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

sorry to jump down your throat about this, but it hit a nerve with me. as someone who used to work in newspapers and knows how hard it is make money AND tell the truth, it chaps my ass to no end to see shysters like Infowars and Epoch gain a foothold in the media landscape by selling gullible people their own fears and biases back to them in the form of "news." Liars tell the truth sometimes, but if the primary MO of their platform is to lie, they have forfeited any credibility in my mind. they don't deserve the clicks, even if it is to laugh at how absurd they are. they should be lumped in with Weekly World News and History Channel specials about UFOs, not promoted in serious discussions about world events that have fatal consequences to all of us.

I feel that way about CNN, new york times, and the washington post. Every single story is a way to bash trump. For those who despise trump it is the epitome of confirmation bias. I think they are quite good at finding facts, but they routinely stray into interpretation or the use of adjectives/adverbs that inject tremendous negative connotations for people their readers hate, and the opposite for those their readers love.

epoch, info wars, daily kos, etc are just not legit at all.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crazyt said:

I feel that way about CNN, new york times, and the washington post. Every single story is a way to bash trump. For those who despise trump it is the epitome of confirmation bias. I think they are quite good at finding facts, but they routinely stray into interpretation or the use of adjectives/adverbs that inject tremendous negative connotations for people their readers hate, and the opposite for those their readers love.

Thank you!!

17 minutes ago, crazyt said:

Bashing trump gets clicks and views and is a distraction from how much they're being f@cked by their own party every second of every day of their lives. This is also the same thing on fox , blaze , rimblow ETC running hours and hours of "news" claiming the dems are trans communists that are going to turn your grandchildren gay.

The mainstream and cable news is the last f@cking place I go to find out whats happening with the coronavirus. They can take their scrolling realtime count of people dying/infected and shove it up their asses. Those are people, not numbers for your ratings. 

Sorry.....

rant/ off

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Bashing trump gets clicks and views and is a distraction from how much they're being f@cked by their own party every second of every day of their lives. This is also the same thing on fox , blaze , rimblow ETC running hours and hours of "news" claiming the dems are trans communists that are going to turn your grandchildren gay.

The mainstream and cable news is the last f@cking place I go to find out whats happening with the coronavirus. They can take their scrolling realtime count of people dying/infected and shove it up their asses. Those are people, not numbers for your ratings. 

Sorry.....

rant/ off

Honestly... I love this side of ATXZJ. 

• Haha 1

On 4/14/2020 at 8:05 PM, AntonioGG said:

I also don't think looking at lower far left and far right will give you a sense of balance.  It's like if you're target shooting and you're a little bit off...you're not going to all of a sudden aim way high and way low and average them out to get the bullseye.

The lower portions of that chart are just useless. I move up toward the middle of the chart before I learn anything. I also suspect the chart is quite out of date. I used to watch CNN and feel like there was useful information there even if I had to 'read between the lines'. Now I watch CNN and can't understand how people think it is anything but activism.

I use watching both extremes to identify bias. Using your example it is like aiming dead on the bulls eye then seeing how far off the bullet hit. From that 'error' you see how much and what direction to "hold off" the bulls eye.

4 minutes ago, Barry said:

I think the chart is a bit out of date. There may be a simple chart on this site, but I haven't found it. You may have to use their search function to find a particular news source--but they're all there.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

Here is what the search turned up on CNN (I added the BOLD in the first paragraph) -

LEFT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation.  They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favors the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be be properly sourced with minimal failed fact checks

CNN is far from the real left. That's the trick about these "news" outlets and how they project themselves. Just because they bash trump doesn't make them left, it makes them entertainers and the anchors are personalities.

Anyone who didn't kiss the ring of the corporate & military industrial complex was fired from CNN and MSNBC a decade ago. All that remain are the whores.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, notyal said:

This is why I choose to get my news exclusively through late night TV hosts. At least they are trying to make you laugh at them.

I can't even watch them anymore. Colbert and Kimmel's frothing at the mouth hatred of Trump is too hard to watch. I like to laugh at Trumpisms too but their observations are just too mean spirited now to be funny.

• Like 1

Kyle Kulinski , Jimmy Dore, and The Hill are usually my source for independent progressive news as they have no problem going after sacred cows like Bernie & AOC. I also agree with some of what Jordan Peterson has to say and even as nasty as he is, Tucker occasionally bites the hand the feeds him. 

For Coronageddon, i follow Dr Campbell, Medcram and other various European news sources. Seems that if I want to know whats going on in my country, I have to watch the news from another continent.  #winning 

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

CNN is far from the real left. That's the trick about these "news" outlets and how they project themselves. Just because they bash trump doesn't make them left, it makes them entertainers and the anchors are personalities.

Anyone who didn't kiss the ring of the corporate & military industrial complex was fired from CNN and MSNBC a decade ago. All that remain are the whores.

Preach it, brother!

3 hours ago, The Tip said:

I can't even watch them anymore. Colbert and Kimmel's frothing at the mouth hatred of Trump is too hard to watch. I like to laugh at Trumpisms too but their observations are just too mean spirited now to be funny.

Proper sleep helps build your immune system... Get to bed by 10.

Here's a look at the matter of the origin of the virus from a different POV... One that says there was no lab-associated manipulation that caused the virus to be able to jump from animals to humans.

Of note though is that the person — the expert — doesn't actually deal with any specifics regarding the biology of the matter.

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/4/16/peter_daszak_coronavirus?fbclid=IwAR2iQp3Df4k_ewI_ErW2l4n62xd_MYKb6CuEPqkO4FRre8yBj8pZWAHj9Ns

Yeah, twitter: @Bry_Mac
Don't be Phil! 

"Man, we've gotta open the gates."
"We've been through this, Phil. The Mongols are still outside."
"But I've gotta harvest my turnips"
"MONGOLS"
"Ugh. But we've been in here for WEEKS."
"That's how sieges work, Phil."
"But the Mongols have barely killed anyone in days."
"That's because of the walls, Phil."
"Are you sure? Maybe the Mongols aren't that dangerous."
"..."