IGNORED

Random Bike Pictures

Sluggo

19 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Better half enjoying some of those sunny Chihuahuan desert trails.

Let us know when you're planning to be back in CenTex - we're trying to schedule our annual Lake Georgetown punishment lap. 🤣

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, throet said:

Let us know when you're planning to be back in CenTex - we're trying to schedule our annual Lake Georgetown punishment lap. 🤣

Dude, that was indeed an asshander for sure. I might be down around April and would be up for it. Thankfully riding a mile above sea level for a year has helped the fitness for the low country a bit. That is until the humidity kicks in🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, St.Bernardo said:

No, but a did get an order of tosted fresticles.

This is my biggest issue when cycling in cold weather.  I don't want first-hand experience with penile frostbite.  You will see me wearing baggies over bibs.  I used to wear merino underpants under the bibs but I now have padded long bibs.  I need to try them out in the 20's.

37 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Looks fun, is this local/ shareable?

This is from 2015 in Sunset Valley (bored w all the rain) and was shut down by the neighborhood. There was a ton of work done and it was super fun to ride. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Hit the foothills trail in Franklin state park with the Mrs on Sunday. Man that place has gotta be the best TX State park when it comes to MTB trails. Climbing back out is so steep, but the vistas are totally worth it!

IMG_20240121_150509183.jpg

7038953_medium_1611078601.jpg

Looks like it 

• Like 1

After some convincing, got the wife up into the franklin mtn foothills today. She was far from stoked with some of the steep climbs, but the scenery and feeling of accomplishment was worth it. Plus the weather was killer today.  

IMG_20240130_115041533_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240130_123807392_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240130_124108125_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240130_125705065_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2024 at 4:16 PM, mack_turtle said:

For anyone interested, the bridges were torn out by the local Karen Kommission a long time ago. that was a fun place to ride. fortunately, it's still totally rideable without the bridge.

I used to like that bridge, and I think it was rebuilt then promptly destroyed again at some point. Probably by the same spiteful little turds that installed the massive gate of doom just north of there. Think this picture makes it look higher than it was, and I also might have been a little late in the game switching to wide bars.HzC_xZJdgs_-Gaknuzt4f5BzEZwu_v483Utjt4kFGrY-2048x1152.thumb.jpeg.857d25d46675735db02d5f9326c6c060.jpeg

• Like 4