Jump to content
ATXZJ

Garage thread

Recommended Posts

Sativa, indica, hybrids and all my other chemicals piled in corner #4. 

Edited by Sluggo
my garage is on 🔥
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is anyone else following Blake Builds Mountain Bike Isolation Workshop garage build on GMBN?  It's been fairly entertaining.  He claims not to have done a lot of the stuff before but he's doing a pretty good job of it.

 

 

 

Edited by AntonioGG
Replacing re-direct link with shorter non-redirect link
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It certainly seems that he knows his way around the wood shop. If you have all those tools, you’d think that this isn’t his first build. He’s really entertaining to watch and his riding looks so easy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have totally loved his excitement. Great ideas between him and the things Seth does in his garage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand how he seems to take a break every hour for cookies or cake and still stays thin.  Jerk...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, olddbrider said:

I don't understand how he seems to take a break every hour for cookies or cake and still stays thin.  Jerk...

It's that crazy dancing he does.  Try it and report back.  With video or it didn't happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decided to stop being crap and update my own garage for once. Bought a goodyear retractable hosereel and got everything installed today. Excited to not have hoses and cords everywhere. Next is matching extension cord reel.

 

 

IMG_20200917_143233423.jpg

IMG_20200917_143211777.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  Even used a plate and all for the hose.  Nice!  I have the same compressor btw.  Big step up from the 9 gallon Central Pneumatic I had. 

My next step is also to permanently install the compressor and route airlines to several spots in the garage.  My main issue is I have to move an outlet, or extend it, so I can connect the compressor directly and not have to buy or use an extension cord of the proper rating needed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

 My main issue is I have to move an outlet, or extend it, so I can connect the compressor directly and not have to buy or use an extension cord of the proper rating needed.

Nice! Love this compressor over the oilless craftsman 33 gallon I had prior. First and last oilless ill use.

For the sake of transparency, I used a 25ft 10/3 extension cord to hook the compressor up. The compressor is wired 14g and from my calculations the 25ft 10g isn't an issue for the required amperage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2020 at 2:27 PM, ATXZJ said:

Blake is awesome

Enthusiastically agreed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Decided to stop being crap and update my own garage for once. Bought a goodyear retractable hosereel and got everything installed today. Excited to not have hoses and cords everywhere. Next is matching extension cord reel.

 

 

IMG_20200917_143233423.jpg

IMG_20200917_143211777.jpg

Nicely done, I think you get the overachiever award for the day. It's funny how things like this bang around for years as "I should really..." ideas and then once you do it you think how did I ever live like that before.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Decided to stop being crap and update my own garage for once. Bought a goodyear retractable hosereel and got everything installed today. Excited to not have hoses and cords everywhere. Next is matching extension cord reel.

 

 

IMG_20200917_143233423.jpg

IMG_20200917_143211777.jpg

Nice! Now you just need to move the air intake to outside to quiet that thing down a bit.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got one of these when last compressor died. Works great super quiet twin cylinder for fast recovery.

Unknown.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Nicely done, I think you get the overachiever award for the day. It's funny how things like this bang around for years as "I should really..." ideas and then once you do it you think how did I ever live like that before.

@ATXZJ now has me motivated to finish my setup too!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Wow!  Even used a plate and all for the hose.  Nice!  I have the same compressor btw.  Big step up from the 9 gallon Central Pneumatic I had. 

My next step is also to permanently install the compressor and route airlines to several spots in the garage.  My main issue is I have to move an outlet, or extend it, so I can connect the compressor directly and not have to buy or use an extension cord of the proper rating needed.

Use copper pipe or pvc to route.  Much easier to hang.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Shinerider said:

Use copper pipe or pvc to route.  Much easier to hang.

I bought a kit from Northern Tool that uses plastic tubing already.  In fact, I think I've had it for over 2 years, just never got around to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I've shared my garage set-up. Freshly empty of most superfluous bikes.

Overview:

Screenshot_20200918-201314_Photos.thumb.jpg.f9a29cce2485d6d66c951e3f6337ff1e.jpg

Primary bike hanger:

Screenshot_20200918-201321_Photos.thumb.jpg.61969d796324eb9756a4a2aca49ab2ed.jpg

Main bench and tools:

Screenshot_20200918-202015_Photos.thumb.jpg.390dabc6131959d86b12712110a05b37.jpg

Sticker fridge:

Screenshot_20200918-201412_Photos.thumb.jpg.0d6ec0f446c2570ad4d1942cb2291d09.jpg

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, June Bug said:

That's an Imelda-level shoe collection. 

LOL, I lived in the PI when her and her husband were in power. 40 year ago.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, June Bug said:

That's an Imelda-level shoe collection.  Is it for multiple family members?

Just two folks. Both normal use and bicycle use shoes. Also keep in mind one of those folks is a female with a moderate collection. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is anyone able to park their cars in the garage?

Seems like terrible waste of bike space.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazyt said:

Is anyone able to park their cars in the garage?

My wife's car is in the garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, crazyt said:

Is anyone able to park their cars in the garage?

We parked three last year preparing for a hailstorm. 

 

 

garage (2).jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...