ATXZJ

Garage thread

Sativa, indica, hybrids and all my other chemicals piled in corner #4. 

Edited by Sluggo
my garage is on 🔥
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Is anyone else following Blake Builds Mountain Bike Isolation Workshop garage build on GMBN?  It's been fairly entertaining.  He claims not to have done a lot of the stuff before but he's doing a pretty good job of it.

Edited by AntonioGG
Replacing re-direct link with shorter non-redirect link
  • Like 3

It certainly seems that he knows his way around the wood shop. If you have all those tools, you’d think that this isn’t his first build. He’s really entertaining to watch and his riding looks so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have totally loved his excitement. Great ideas between him and the things Seth does in his garage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't understand how he seems to take a break every hour for cookies or cake and still stays thin.  Jerk...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, olddbrider said:

I don't understand how he seems to take a break every hour for cookies or cake and still stays thin.  Jerk...

It's that crazy dancing he does.  Try it and report back.  With video or it didn't happen.

• Like 1

Decided to stop being crap and update my own garage for once. Bought a goodyear retractable hosereel and got everything installed today. Excited to not have hoses and cords everywhere. Next is matching extension cord reel.

IMG_20200917_143233423.jpg

IMG_20200917_143211777.jpg

• Like 6

Wow!  Even used a plate and all for the hose.  Nice!  I have the same compressor btw.  Big step up from the 9 gallon Central Pneumatic I had. 

My next step is also to permanently install the compressor and route airlines to several spots in the garage.  My main issue is I have to move an outlet, or extend it, so I can connect the compressor directly and not have to buy or use an extension cord of the proper rating needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

My main issue is I have to move an outlet, or extend it, so I can connect the compressor directly and not have to buy or use an extension cord of the proper rating needed.

Nice! Love this compressor over the oilless craftsman 33 gallon I had prior. First and last oilless ill use.

For the sake of transparency, I used a 25ft 10/3 extension cord to hook the compressor up. The compressor is wired 14g and from my calculations the 25ft 10g isn't an issue for the required amperage.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 2:27 PM, ATXZJ said:

Blake is awesome

Enthusiastically agreed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Decided to stop being crap and update my own garage for once. Bought a goodyear retractable hosereel and got everything installed today. Excited to not have hoses and cords everywhere. Next is matching extension cord reel.

Nicely done, I think you get the overachiever award for the day. It's funny how things like this bang around for years as "I should really..." ideas and then once you do it you think how did I ever live like that before.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Nice! Now you just need to move the air intake to outside to quiet that thing down a bit.

• Thanks 1

Got one of these when last compressor died. Works great super quiet twin cylinder for fast recovery.

Unknown.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Nicely done, I think you get the overachiever award for the day. It's funny how things like this bang around for years as "I should really..." ideas and then once you do it you think how did I ever live like that before.

@ATXZJ now has me motivated to finish my setup too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

Wow!  Even used a plate and all for the hose.  Nice!  I have the same compressor btw.  Big step up from the 9 gallon Central Pneumatic I had. 

My next step is also to permanently install the compressor and route airlines to several spots in the garage.  My main issue is I have to move an outlet, or extend it, so I can connect the compressor directly and not have to buy or use an extension cord of the proper rating needed.

Use copper pipe or pvc to route.  Much easier to hang.

5 hours ago, Shinerider said:

Use copper pipe or pvc to route.  Much easier to hang.

I bought a kit from Northern Tool that uses plastic tubing already.  In fact, I think I've had it for over 2 years, just never got around to it.

I don't think I've shared my garage set-up. Freshly empty of most superfluous bikes.

Overview:

Screenshot_20200918-201314_Photos.thumb.jpg.f9a29cce2485d6d66c951e3f6337ff1e.jpg

Primary bike hanger:

Screenshot_20200918-201321_Photos.thumb.jpg.61969d796324eb9756a4a2aca49ab2ed.jpg

Main bench and tools:

Screenshot_20200918-202015_Photos.thumb.jpg.390dabc6131959d86b12712110a05b37.jpg

Sticker fridge:

Screenshot_20200918-201412_Photos.thumb.jpg.0d6ec0f446c2570ad4d1942cb2291d09.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, June Bug said:

That's an Imelda-level shoe collection. 

LOL, I lived in the PI when her and her husband were in power. 40 year ago.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, June Bug said:

That's an Imelda-level shoe collection.  Is it for multiple family members?

Just two folks. Both normal use and bicycle use shoes. Also keep in mind one of those folks is a female with a moderate collection. 

Is anyone able to park their cars in the garage?

Seems like terrible waste of bike space.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, crazyt said:

My wife's car is in the garage.

12 hours ago, crazyt said:

We parked three last year preparing for a hailstorm. 

garage (2).jpg

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1