IGNORED

The polarization of E-bikes

Chief

35 minutes ago, schoolie said:

Nope, just a very non traditional suspension linkage. It uses a sliding joint (and pivots) instead of just simple pivots like almost all other FS bikes.

Also about as aesthetically pleasing as an E-bike with a trust fork. If only it came with a monkey that punched you in the face every time you looked at it.

Dat rear suspension:

https://www.bikeradar.com/us/mtb/gear/category/bikes/mountain-bikes/full-suspension/product/marin-wolf-ridge-9-review-51800/

Edited by ATXZJ

58 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Hold on a second... That's not an e-bike?

https://www.marinbikes.com/bikes/mount-vision-pro

Except for the STA, there is really nice geometry on that bike! The HTA, BBH, CSL and reach are freakin' perfect for me. But yeah, a simple glance would have everyone thinking it's an ebike. I think I'd be self conscious about riding it. Looks heavy too.

Okay - I watched the video for a bit because...bike vs. work.  Anyway, that thing is ugly but not as ugly as one of those linkage forks.  The video is awful but that chick is an awesome rider.  The voice over makes me cringe and I have now officially sworn off ever buying a Marin.  It was like they were playing a drinking game to see how many cool sounding engineering words they could put into 30 seconds that in no way translate to my wanting to buy their product.  WTF.

You should watch the video of the rear flexing enough to bind up the shock. There's so many other (proven) options out there it's amazing somebody actually bankrolled that project for marin.

On the e-bike tip, looks like another is being put to use for a good cause:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/ride-concepts-hires-paul-basagoitia-as-team-manager-and-rick-reed-as-brand-manager.html

Edited by ATXZJ

1 hour ago, Tree Magnet said:

I couldn’t find this video but it sounds more entertaining than the promo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is only from where the tester talks about the suspension. 

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Confused 1

It looks like the lower link and base of the suspension where the cylinder is, are too close together and will create a lot of stress on bearings and materials. With that close proximity all that lateral flex gets transmitted into the next link, the shock. I would guess this is why they made the links that attach the swingarm to the shock thin so they would also flex with the swingarm rather than transmitting that sideload to the shock assembly.  

My 2c

MarinWolfRidge-4.jpg